Monday, June 30, 2008

You can never outgive the Father

This Sunday is remarkably one of the best Sundays I have had in my life. First, it started off with french toast in the morning, I woke up at 6:30 early in the morning to prepare for that. There were for of us present (Tirza, Gail, Wayne and myself). And we had a great time 'toasting'.

Halfway in church, I received an sms from auntie jocelyn asking me to call back when I'm ready to talk to her. Turns out she wants me to help tutor her son in Sec 3, and interest him in his studies. I am not sure if I am capable of delivering, but I will just try my best, and hope God brings up the best in him. She offered to pay my quite well, I was quite taken aback, not sure if I am able to live up to that pay. But God help me, that I will be able to be a good influence in the life of this friend.

This news was such a joy, I do not know how to explain my gratefulness to God for bringing him into my life, and to provide in the time when I needed it most. I now know that finance should never be a worry, for God my father is not a poor God, and if we honour Him, He will honour us. We just have to be faithful in our walk with Him, and be an obedient servant.

Later at night, Tirza, Gail, and I went for dinner at the Bukit Timah food court. It was also quite a nice change from the NUS food we have been eating everyday, so far. We tapao-ed the famous Satay Mee Hoon for Swee Yee, hoping to share this delightful delicacy with her.

Of course, at night, I waited for Mable to come online to chat, as I promised her on Saturday night. And that in itself, is such a joy! Yet another youth that I could perhaps be a good influence? :-)

No comments: